Monday, January 18, 2016

Spent the weekend, mostly staying up at night until about 3AM, setting up the ARB air locker with the 4.88 gears. I'm so glad I had my 12 ton press. Without it, the setup would've been a pain in the ass and it would've been worth paying someone $200 to do it. I also rebuilt both axle shaft with new seals and wheel bearings. After all that was said and done, I replaced my front driver side axle shaft with chromemoly shafts, replaced the wheels studs, changed the oil/oil filter and then the air filter.

Here's the ARB air locker installed and air line plumbed.

Here's the diff installed into the refurbed housing. With the rebuilt axle shafts.

Everything installed back into the truck.

Only thing left to do for the ARB air locker to be complete is wire up the compressor, build a tank and set-up the switches. 

No comments: